Welcome to the Office of Robert K. Bourquein
Dr. Robert K. Bourquein and our team have been serving the Fredericksburg, Mason, and Kerrville, TX communities for over 20 years, creating one-of-a-kind smiles that improve self-esteem and boost confidence. We want to give you the best possible care, from your initial phone call to your final appointment, because we believe that your orthodontic experience should be positive and enjoyable. At the office of Robert K. Bourquein DDS, MS, you’re more than just a set of teeth – you’re family!
- We understand that every person we meet has different needs and anxieties, and we work with patients to create a treatment plan that is personalized to each individual goal.
- Dr. Bourquein has years of training in the most innovative orthodontic solutions available, from traditional braces to the advanced Damon® System and Damon Clear™.
- We offer a friendly, welcoming, stress-free atmosphere, going above and beyond to make our patients feel comfortable and at-home in our new, modern facility.
We are dedicated to creating beautiful, bright smiles for patients of all ages. If you're considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or for a family member, please feel free to contact our office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Bourquein.
What are Damon Braces?
They are a comfortable alternative to conventional braces. They are smaller & smoother than traditional braces and are made of high-grade surgical stainless steel. Damon metal braces are a comfortable way to straighten your teeth gently without the need for colored elastic ties. Elastic ties accumulate plaque increasing the possibility of white spots on your teeth.
Want a more discreet alternative? Damon Clear braces allows for a more discreet look than metal braces with advanced technology to keep your smile brighter. Damon Clear braces will not become stained or discolored due to the fact that elastics ties and bands are not used. No bands or ties mean healthier teeth and gums.
2020 COVID Protocols:
Here is what to expect BEFORE, DURING & AFTER your appointment.
- Please BRUSH & FLOSS YOUR TEETH THROUGHLY AT HOME before your appointment.
- Driver & patient must be wearing a mask.
- Please take a moment to complete the SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMED CONSENT and the SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH QUESTIONAIRE at www.fbgortho.com too. We will have these available the day of your appointment as well. If your child is under the age of 18, a parent MUST sign these forms.
- Pre-screening includes taking your temperature of anyone entering the office and asking them to utilize the hand sanitizer. If anyone has a temperature over 100 degrees, or respiratory symptoms, we will ask them to reschedule their appointment.
- You will be required to wear a mask to enter our office.
- Please bring completed & signed paperwork. (Supplement Informed Consent & Health Questionnaire). We will also have these available the day of your appointment as well.
- We are also practicing social distancing, there is 6 feet between each of our treatment chairs. We will continue to keep a high standard of disinfection of our equipment and our personal protective equipment.
- You will see us with N95 masks, surgical masks, shields, gloves, lab coats and/or disposable gowns during the orthodontic appointments, as not to be alarmed.
- We will schedule your child’s next appointment BEFORE they leave the office, as it is important that we stay on schedule. Please call us if you need to reschedule the reserved time we have set aside for you.
These processes are constantly evolving, and we will modify them as necessary and recommended. Please understand that all of this is new for us and that there may be longer than usual wait times, as our staff gets used to the new procedures. We are here for you, so please do not hesitate to call if you have any further questions. We thank you again for your cooperation and understanding in advance and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Our Orthodontic clinic is now a 3D Ultra Low dose Imaging Clinic
Introducing our new Xray imaging CBCT Scan, also know as a Cone Beam Computerized Tomography.
It is an X-ray technique that produces 3D (3 dimensional) images of your skull, allowing for visualization of internal body bony structures.
Benefits of CBCT Scan include:
- Visualization of vital structures such as nerves and sinus cavities. Higher accuracy in determining bone volume and bone density when planning implant surgery.
- Greater chance of providing images and information which may result in the patient avoiding unnecessary dental treatment. The CBCT scan enhances your Orthodontist ability to see what needs to be done before your treatment is started.
Contact us for more information at 830-990-0333.